Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional braces for many reasons. Clear plastic trays are created as molds to help gently guide the teeth into the proper place. Every four to six weeks, new trays will be created based off of the new position of your teeth.
Here are some of the benefits of Invisalign over traditional metal braces:
1) It’s quicker.
2) Since Invisalign molds are only created every four to six weeks, more pressure is put on the teeth each time the mold is made, and this pressure helps align them more quickly.
3) Not as noticeable.
4) Invisalign is designed to be invisible. The molds placed over the teeth are very clear, and allow you to go about your day while your teeth are being straightened. This is one of the best things about the process, and for this reason, Invisalign is very popular among adults who want to straighten their teeth.
5) Many people won’t even notice that you are having any kind of treatment!
6) You can take them in and out to eat
7) No more food getting stuck in your braces! You can easily pop the Invisalign trays in and out for mealtimes.
8) No stains on your teeth.
9) Oftentimes after metal braces are removed, there is discoloration around where the braces were anchored. This can be completely avoided with Invisalign trays since there are no adhesives involved.